What a Shock

For some reason, I seem to build up static electricity in the office without doing anything. Practically any door handle I touch is pre-empted by a short tick and a little jolt as a small burst of electricity makes it’s break for freedom. Walking down the stairs, I get a shock off of all the banisters, I can build up charge in just the 9 or 10 steps to the next flight. It’s very annoying. Can anyone explain why it’s happening, and suggest ways to stop it (rubber suit excluded)?

1 Comment

  1. Dan

    its the carpet in the office ! i used to get the same thing, try wearing different shoes....

Post a Comment